Sith Creed

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken."
-the Sith Creed

21 March 2013

Banished and left for dead...

Today, I decided to deactivate my Facebook account. My past prompted me to do so. About four years ago, I witnessed my Marine friend get burned in a "freak" barbecue accident. I was mentally scarred. I did the right thing and sought treatment/help. But alas, the help I enlisted was not the help I thought necessary. I vowed to take up the study of psychology to help myself.

Now on this day, I realized that those scars never healed. Those wounds have prevented me from connecting with people. They were an obstacle in my pursuit of happiness. I couldn't even bare my heart in any relationships I forged. I would surround myself with people only to feel more alone. The funny thing is I don't want to be alone. I want to feel the love of those around me. But the more I think about it the more separated I become.

The adventure has taken a turn inward. Will I be able to navigate the dark recesses of my mind and become again? Am I stricken with a sadness that can never be reversed? Will someone come and save me from myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment