Sith Creed

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken."
-the Sith Creed

04 October 2012

Crossroads and Deadlines: Rebuild

Over the past three months, I have been through some troubling times. Most of the deadlines were met. All of the crossroads were traveled. I name this post rebuild because everything was shaken to the foundation because of Crossroads and Deadlines.

At the foundation, I am a player on the Charlotte Royals, an all gay and inclusive rugby team. It has been the best release from most of the pain I could ever endure from a relationship. One of the crossroads encountered was a wonderful man. We dated all the way up till about a month ago. He told me that he "couldn't provide me with what I was wanting." I was crushed and sickened. He provided me with what I wanted: someone to be there for me. I thought that was simple. We were to give each other protection, laughter, company, a body to hold while sleeping and a heart to share. What was wrong with that?

So, in retaliation and to spare my heart from any more pain, I decided to take on physical pain. It heals faster and I know where and what caused the pain. Plain and simple. My passion was taken for granted in the bed but it will never be on the pitch. I scored my first try during my first game on the 15th of September. It felt amazing. I crashed through tackles, made tackles, and ran my ass off. But that is not the half of it...

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment