Sith Creed

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken."
-the Sith Creed

20 July 2011

Point of Impact

I am slowly becoming something I can't describe.
After class yesterday, I went to Bar at 316 to lock down a place for my photoshoot tomorrow. I met up with a guy who we have a mutual crush on each other. But low and behold, something happens where I have to depend on him, financially. Ugh. I am too independent so that is a big pet peeve of mine.
But that is not the reason why I have this blog. It is where it started. It is also the basis for dilemma that my story is built upon.

Feeling incapable, I left the bar and headed home. Throughout my trip, I grew more and more intoxicated after my last few drinks. My mind also started to wander further and further into darkness. I started to blame and point fingers and accuse. As my mind went darker and darker, I approached an intersection. A Land Rover pulled out onto West Blvd. My mind instantly cleared and envisioned a car coming over the hill.

Sure enough, a white Dodge Neon crested the hill. I braced for impact. I didn't want to get hurt by a random wheel, shards of glass or a whole vehicle. I yelled "Holy Shit!" as loud as I could. That was more of a reaction to the fact that I just witnessed an accident. The Land Rover tried to flee but with a wound on its back driver side leg it limped all over the street trying to dig a path through a telephone pole.

It sped off into the darkness leaving the Dodge Neon defenseless. Then he too sped off in the opposite direction. I felt relieved to have survived such an ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment