Sith Creed

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken."
-the Sith Creed

09 July 2011

Lcpl Bishop

Today, is a day of silent reflection. Three years ago, I lost a friend while I was on a deployment. I met him within the three months of training and shedding my new boot scent. His name is Thomas Bishop. As one of the first Marines I could identify with, he showed me how to ignore any negative comments that would be directed my way. We had the same interests: dance, showing off, making people laugh, smart assed comments at the right time. And as a fellow Aquarian, we could see eye to eye on some of the more difficult issues.
2008 was a long year for me.  I was deployed to Iraq at the beginning of April. There were many from my unit who were not able to come along. Bishop was one of them. I wish he was able to join us on that deployment. He cracked my shell open and made me feel comfortable around everyone. I will miss him so much. He definitely shaped who I am to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment