Sith Creed

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken."
-the Sith Creed

28 June 2011

And I am caught within a spider's loom

I apologize again for the delay.  The continuation of my VA story begins now:

With those stupid glasses, I walked around in search of food and drink (as you know, I love to eat). I pulled them off and squinted at the bright lights of the main lobby. I walked to the right because I heard that was where the food and drink were. I came to an older couple serving coffee and snack cakes. That would have to hold me over til I can leave, I thought to myself.

I gingerly sipped on my coffee and walked back to my chair in the office. Right before I sat down, a gentleman spoke up and told me that my name was called while I was gone. He relayed the message to me that I could go and get something to eat. Then he pointed me outside where there was a hot dog stand. Something I completely missed.

Once I finished my hot dog, I walked around a bit outside. Then had the feeling that I needed to go back inside. Low and behold I was right. I walked back in at the right time. My name had been called to see the next doctor. I quickly walked to the waiting area I would be called into.

And of course I had to wait.

My head was about to make contact with my shoulder when I heard my name. I was filled with glee. This was the last appointment and I get to go home.

The doctor sat me down and started to ask a bunch of questions. My head was spinning from having to answer so much at one time. After each question, she would examine that part of the body I was claiming was in pain. And her tests weren't friendly. Some I was tickled, others I was poked; I even had some kind of rake scrape the bottom of my foot. I was starting to feel like I was going through processing all over again. All of her tests were strange and felt weird.

One of her tests, the thyroid test, gave me the most memorable line. She looked me head on and cocked her head to the side. She grabbed my neck and felt around, then she took a step back.
"Do you do special exercises for your neck?" She asked.
"No. Why?" I countered.
"Because you have a band of muscle around your neck. It will be difficult to test your thyroid," she explained.
"It is probably from eating..." I chuckled. She couldn't help but laugh as well.

From there, she finished up her tests and sent me to get some x-rays. I confidently talked my way through the x-ray, so that it would go by quickly. And it didn't.

After that I was free to go back to Charlotte. And I have to go back again on the 7th... I can't wait to see what happens then.

No comments:

Post a Comment