Sith Creed

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken."
-the Sith Creed

08 May 2011

I am searching for air

I walked 18 kilometers to a monastery on top of a mountain. It was a far walk but the end result was glorious. The view of the countryside warmed my heart. The view of Tbilisi excited me. This is truly a beautiful country and I am fortunate to see it.

The monks were friendly and offered to let me photograph the inside of the monastery but I declined. I felt that is something one must see with their own eyes. They gave us water because of our long trip. The water was cool and crisp. It tasted like none I have ever had. Lewan, Lasha, and Dato lit prayer candles and said a prayer. I walked around looking at the paintings on the walls. I was truly amazed that this monastery has been atop this mountain for so long. Built in the 1600s and it is still operated.

After viewing the monastery, Lewan, Dato, Lasha, and I built a fire and cooked skewered chicken. It was by far the most interesting way to barbecue chicken. Lewan built the fire, then let it burn down to smoldering coals. Once the coals were the right height, he placed the chicken just high enough from the coals to cook. Definitely a trick I will bring back to the states with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment