Sith Creed

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken."
-the Sith Creed

05 May 2011

I fight with the current and turn about

With my Turkish Airlines story, you are probably wondering why the Popeye's references? Well I asked one of the many info desk personnel where the smoke pit was their response: Go to Popeye's and you will see a sign.

A sign? Like I walk up to the counter of Popeye's order a bucket of chicken and a magical door opens letting me outside to smoke a cigarette? Really? Come to find out.. There was a sign. It read: Smoker's Terrace (arrow up). But looming in the distance was the Turkish Popeye's mocking me. And it doesn't end there...

After I found out that I had to wait a total of three hours to see if I won the Gate Lottery, I was hungry. But when am I not? So I asked yet again one of the "Desk Trolls" (not because they were ugly, but because I had to solve a riddle, life lesson and next week's bonus word on Wheel of Fortune).

"Where is there something that is good and unique to eat?" Wrong question to ask...

"There is a Popeye's down that way." Great, I thought to myself, that has to be unique because Popeye's populate more street corners than hookers and Starbucks, combined. And so from that moment on Popeye's became my frame of reference. If I get lost, perpetuate the stereotype ask around.

"'Scuse me, I am an American from the South and I am having difficulty finding food... Oh Popeye's? I love Popeye's"

No comments:

Post a Comment