Sith Creed

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken."
-the Sith Creed

04 May 2011

I am tossed, tumbled and toiled about

(cont.)
...And once I did, it led me to terminal 211 (just around the corner from the Popeye's). I casually sat down near the most English-speaking group I could find. My phone was off and if I needed the time, I needed to ask fast without drawing pictures in the sand.

For all my luck, I sat next to a Junior Soccer Team from Australia. I sat listening to some of their stories, even got to smile at a "That's what she said". But in the back of my mind I knew I was going to be running to my terminal. Apparently, that is how the Turkish Airlines is set up. The intercom is flooded with flight transfers, reconnects, and gate changes. The only thing stable were people running to their gate to make it in time.

I turned to one of the coaches and said "Excuse me, do you know what the local time is?"

He looked at his watch and said "It is 12:45, mate"

I thanked him and looked at Gate 211. The flight info was not being displayed. I started to worry. So, I stood up and walked to the departure board. I read it quickly because I was to be boarding my plane in 5 minutes and didn't want to run ALL the way to Gate 257.

The Turkish Airline is in the shape of an "L". I was in the corner of said "L". Gate 257 was on the long end, 201 on the short end.

As I read the times of departing flights, I could feel my heart shift into 4th gear. (I hate when it gets to that gear.) In my mind, I read off the flights and gates.

"Tbilisi, Tbilisi, 1345, 1345, Gate 201, FUCK!" I think I screamed that so loud in my mind that it echoed out of my ears.

And so, like Zebra Cakes at an Over-eaters convention, I was gone. Sprinting like I have never sprinted before. "215, 213, 209, 208..." I was getting scared. "206, 205, 204, 212, WHAT?!?, 203..."
A glimmer of hope rose in my stomach (or it was gas, I couldn't tell which), Gate 102 shone bright in the distance and the sign said "Now Boarding". All anyone saw was a blur of shadow zip past them. I don't know where the extra boost of speed came from (probably the gas) but I used it.

Either way, I made it in time; out of breath and wishing I had stretched before hand. An older Georgian looked at me as I dropped out of warp speed and said "You did good to run, but I would not let them leave my wife." I chuckled or cackled or whatever you do when you laugh and try to breath at the same time.

From there I knew I was on my way. Only thing is... I have to go back through the Turkish Airport again... FML...

No comments:

Post a Comment